HISTORICAL GORKHA (Tsum Valley Trek) – 19 Days - GT. 207
Among our various spciality, Gorkha Trek arrange trip to Gorkha, the birthplace of founder of this country Prithvi Narayan Shah. You can visit one of the biggest Ghale village – Barpak, the birth place of Gaje Ghale who was awarded Victoria cross in the Second World War.
Chumchet and Chhekampar are one of the most remote village development committees (VDCs) in Gorkha District. Despite having tremendous potential for tourism development, Tsum Valley-as the area is called, was yet to reap benefits from its immense tourism prospects. The area was opened for group trekking on October 17, 2007, but because of lack of information and promotion, the Valley was yet to reap any benefits from its tourism prospects. Realising this fact, Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN) in association with Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Nepal Trust for Nature Conservation (NTNC) and Tsum Welfare Committee (TWC) organized Tsum Valley Exploration' campaign in May, 2008. Tsum is derived from Tibetan word Tsombo' which means vivid. Traditionally Tsum valley was a culturally distinct geo-graphical area called 'Tsum Tso Chucksums', which means thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. The altitude in Tsum Valley trek varies from 1905 mt. in Lhokpa to over 5093 mt. at Ngula Dhojhyang Pass on the Tibetan border. The valley occupies an area of about 1663 sq.km. The Hidden Valley is surrounded by the Baudha Himal and Himal Chuli to the west, Ganesh Himal to the south, and Sringi Himal to the North. The valley includes two remote VDCs Chhekampar (Upper Tsum and Chumchet (Lower Tsum). Due to its remoteness, the ancient relics are still seen. People in Tsum Valley still practice polyandry system and they have unique culture, tradition and their own dialect. They celebrate unique festivals like Lhosar, Dhacyhang, Saka Dawa, Faning and others. Many Tsumbas (resident of Tsum Valley) report that they have seen or found the signs of Mehti, commonly referred as the 'Yeti' or 'Abominable Snowman'. The Tsum Valley Trek begins from Arughat in Gorkha district, which is easily accessible from Kathmandu.
|Group Size||Trek Grade||Maxi. Altitude||Trek Start||Trek End||Hotel Accomodation|
|02-12 Pax Max||IV||3700 mt.||Arughat Bazar||Arughat Bazar||Hotel Manaslu (Heritage)|
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Full day city sight-seeing in Kathmandu city.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat (Gorkha) 600 mt., 7 – 8 hrs drive.
Day 04: Arughat to Soti Khola 700 mt., 5 – 6 hrs walk.
Day 05: Soti Khola to Machha Khola, 870 mt, 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 06: Machha Khola to Jagat, 2340 mt. 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 07: Jagat to Chisopani, 1660 mt., 4 -5 hrs walk.
Day 08: Chisopani to Chumling, 2386 mt. 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 09: Chumling to Chhokangparo, 3010 mt. 4 – 5 hrs walk.
Day 10: Chhokangparo to Chhule-Nile, 3361 mt. 5 – 6 hrs walk.
Day 11: Chhule- Nile to Mu Gumpa, 3700 mt. 3hrs walk.
Day 12: Mu Gumpa to Excursion
Day 13: Mu Gumpa to Burgi Village 3245 mt. via Milarepa cave, 5 hrs walk
Day 14: Burgi Village to Chumling 2386 mt. 5 – 6 hrs walk.
Day 15: Chumling to Philim 1570 mt. 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 16: Philim to Khorlabesi 970 mt. 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 17: Khorlabesi to Soti Khola, 700 mt. 6 – 7 hrs walk.
Day 18: Soti Khola to Arughat Bazzar 600 mt to Kathmandu, 4 hrs walk and drive 7 – 8 hrs.
Day 19: Kathmandu own activities.
Day 20: Departure transfer to airport.
- Two airport transfer: Airport / Hotel / Airport by private car.
- One full day city sightseeing in Kathmandu as per itinerary by private car.
- Kathmandu / Arughat Bazar / Kathmandu by private a/c car.
- Four night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in twin sharing on bed and breakfast basis.
- 16 days complete trekking arrangement on tea house trekking on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Trekking English speaking Nepali guide for trekking.
- One porter for two pax clients for luggage carry.
- TIMS ( Trekkers Information Management System) card for trekking.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Project Fees (MCAP).
- Insurance for trekking crews’only for trekking period.
- Farewell Dinner before group depart.
- City entrance fees for sightseeing.
- City tour guide charge.
- All Government Taxes & VAT.
- Personal warm clothes, down jacket, trekking boots, stick and Sleeping bag.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Lunch and Dinner while staying in Kathmandu.