LOWER DOLPO TREK – 21 DAYS - GT. 210
Lower Dolpa trek offers a real adventure trekking on remote and rugged natural unspoiled corner simply beyond the Himalayan valleys across western Nepal. The Dolpo region preserves one of the last remnants of traditional Tibetan culture where the pre-Buddhist Bon-Po religion is still in practice. High mountains including the Dhaulagiri massif to the southeast surround this spiritual sanctuary. Dolpo region provides the opportunities to visit ancient villages, high passes, beautiful Lakes, isolated Buddhist monasteries and also to experience the vast array of wildlife inhabiting the region in Nepal.
After exploring Kathmandu valleys' historical/cultural sights and obtaining special permit for the lower Dopla trekking we take our flight to Jhupal via Nepalganj. We trek continuous to Shey- Phoksundo National Park before joining ancient Nepal Tibet trade route and enjoy the views of lower Dolpa valley. Eventually you can hear prayer flag fluttering at the top of the pass, and the view opens up dramatically looking east towards the snow peaks of the Kanjiroba and majestic Dhaulagiri range. We soon walk through the pleasant green pastures to the pristine Phoksundo Lake full of crystal deep blue fresh water contrasting with the weathered red and brown hills. On our trek to Dolpa the trek descends to the Jhupal airstrip to end our historical trip of lifetime to Dolpa, the land of mystery, scenery and peace.
|Group Size||Trek Grade||Maxi. Altitude||Trek Start||Trek End||Hotel Accomodation|
|02-12 Pax Max||V||5190 mt.||Nepalgunj||Nepalgunj||3 star on BB|
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu 1,300 mt. overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation 1,300 mt. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 1 hour 15 minutes & transfer to Hotel
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal (Dolpo) (2,320 mt. trek to Dunai 2,850 mt. , 2-3 hrs walks Overnight at the camp.
Day 05: Dunai to Tarakot 2,850 mt. , 5-6 hrs walk. Overnight at camp.
Day 06: Tarakot to Khani Gaon 2,543 mt. , 5-6 hrs walks. Overnight camp near by the village backyard.
Day 07: Khani Gaon to Tarap Khola 3,450 mt. , 4-5 hrs walks Overnight at camp.
Day 08: Tarap Khola to Yak Kharka 3800 mt., 4-5 hrs walk. Overnight at camp.
Day 09: Yak Kharka to Dho Tarap (4,090m/13,415ft), 5-6 hrs walks Overnight at camp.
Day 10: Dho Tarap Rest Day for acclimatization. Overnight at camp.
Day 11: Dho Tarap to Tokyu Gaun 5-6 hrs .overnight camp beneath the Numa-la.
Day 12: Tokyu Gaun to Numa La. Overnight at camp.
Day 13: Cross Numa La 5,190 mt. , and camp at Phedi. Overnight at camp.
Day 14: Cross Baga La 5,070 mt. and camp on the other side of the Phedi 4,470 mt. Overnight at camp.
Day 15: Phedi to Ringmo 3,600 mt., 6-7 hrs walks. Overnight at camp.
Day 16: Ringmo Rest Day for a hike to Phoksundo Lake. Overnight at camp.
Day 17: Ringmo to Chepka 2260 mt. Overnight at camp.
Day 18: Chepka to Jhupal.Overnight at camp.
Day 19: Fly from Jhupal to Nepalgunj. On reaching Nepalgunj and same day fly back to Kathmandu And transfer to hotel.
Day 20: Kathmandu own activities. Overnight at hotel.
Day 21: Departure transfer to airport onward to flight.
- Two airport transfer: Airport / Hotel / Airport by private car.
- One full day city sightseeing in Kathmandu as per itinerary by private car.
- Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu by domestic flight.
- Nepalgunj / Juphal / Nepalgunj by domestic flight.
- Four night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in twin sharing on bed and breakfast basis.
- One night hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj in twin sharing on full board basis.
- 16 days complete trekking arrangement on tea house trekking on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Trekking English speaking Nepali guide for trekking.
- Special Permit for Manaslu restricted areas.
- One porter for two pax clients for luggage carry.
- TIMS ( Trekkers Information Management System) card for trekking.
- National Park Fees
- Insurance for trekking crews’only for trekking period.
- Farewell Dinner before group depart.
- City entrance fees for sightseeing.
- City tour guide charge.
- All Government Taxes & VAT.
- Personal warm clothes, down jacket, trekking boots, stick and Sleeping bag.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Lunch and Dinner while staying in Kathmandu.